NEMPAC held it annual student Perform-a-thon benefit for Children’s Music Scholarships on April 8th at the Boston Public Market, raising $11,220 for the 2017-18 Scholarship Fund over the course of the month long “Pledge Me” Campaign and at the event itself. NEMPAC students and faculty joined together to present a four hour straight show, including highlight performances from the Eliot Band Music Ensemble, the Youth Improv Class, and a fun interactive demonstration from the Drum & Sing class and instructor Susan Davies. Due to the overwhelming amount of participation, the event even carried on to last almost five hours! With many student and instructor collaborations, student duets, songs, skits, and even a choreographed number here and there, the day was filled with music, food, and community celebration in honor of a great cause!
NEMPAC would especially like to thank the following people and businesses who made this fundraiser possible:
- The many community members who donated to the Pledge Me Campaign
- All of our wonderful student and faculty members who performed and worked hard to collect pledges
- The parents and family members who were the best audience!
- Our Band of Volunteer members Rita Pagliucca and Thomas Morris
- Teen helpers including Robyn Herbert, Maddie Heath and Chiara Haskell-Occhipinti
- Raffle donors including Bill Galatis, Manda and Me Catering, Boston Public Market vendors, Tresca Restaurant, LuLu’s Cupcakes, BTone Fitness, and MyStryde!
- And the generous event sponsors who made the day possible including the North End Athletic Association, Ramin Khoshatefeh, Andrea and Arthur Waldstein, The Boston Public Market, and Manda and Me Catering!
More photo’s from NEMPAC’s 2017 Perform-a-thon can be found on the North End Music and Performing Arts Center Facebook Page or follow us @nempacboston on Instagram!