Several members from local elected officials’ offices, along with the Council’s president, provided updates at the Neighborhood Council meeting on June 12th, 2017. Use the timeline to jump to specific areas of interest in the video.
(00:00) John Pregmon – Neighborhood Council President
- Pregmon welcomed new members to the Neighborhood Council: Tina Natale, Tania Green, Ashley McCarthy, and Damien DiPaola.
- The NEWNC President also acknowledged and thanked former councilors that decided not to run for this year’s council for their service: Ralph Verrocchi, Jorge Mendoza, and Philip Frattaroli.
- Pregmon discussed the June 6th public safety meeting. Find the full report here.
- This Saturday, the Mirabella Pool is opening. Learn more about the hours of operation.
- Thursday, Stephen Passacantilli is having a Campaign Kickoff at Filippo’s Ristorante from 6 PM – 8 PM. Passacantilli is running for District 1 City Councilor.
- Next Wednesday at the Nazzaro Center from 6 PM – 7 PM is the Ward 3 Democratic Candidate Night for Boston City Council. For more information, contact Ward 3 Chairman Jason A. Aluia at WardThreeDem@gmail.com or call 617-447-4987.
- The Beer Garden on the Greenway has opened.
- The next public Greenway Board meeting will be on June 27th at 185 Kneeland Street in the first floor conference room at 5:30 PM.
(06:25) Maria Lanza – Neighborhood Services
- This Thursday from 6 PM – 7:30 PM, there will be a North End Construction Update Meeting.
- Imagine Boston 2030 has released their final draft.
- Elliot School’s 585 Commercial Street Building Groundbreaking will be on Tuesday, June 20th at 11 AM
- Sail Boston’s biggest impact on the North End / Waterfront community will be on Saturday, June 17th. There will be parking restrictions from 12 AM to 5 PM on June 17th. More on Frequently Asked Questions and Prohibited Items.
(10:58) Patrick Lyons – Office of State Rep. Aaron Michlewitz.
- The first game in State Rep. Aaron Michlewitz’s 8th Annual “North to South Baseball Classic” will be on Sunday, June 25th in the South End’s Luis Tiant Field at Peters Park at 5:30 PM. Game two will be on Wednesday June 28th at Langone Park at 6 PM.
(11:40) Alana Olsen – City Councilor Annissa Essaibi-George’s Chief of Staff
- Final vote on City of Boston Budget is on June 28th
- The Mayor has allocated $1.2 Million to provide additional assistance to the 4000 homeless kids that attend Boston Public Schools.
- Mobile Sharps Collection Team picked up 20,000 improperly disposed hypodermic needles in city parks last year. Councilor George is pushing for doubling the size of the team, from two people to four, in this year’s city budget.
- George is also working with the Boston Emergency Services Team.
The Next Neighborhood Council meeting will be on Monday, July 10th at 7 PM in the Nazzaro Center.
One Reply to “Reports from the June 2017 Neighborhood Council Meeting [Video]”
Nice work, Chris! Thanks for coming to the meeting. We look forward to working with you!
Comments are closed.