Boston Community Collaborative recently coordinated an amazing opportunity for four of its most experienced theatre students, ages 12-14. These students participated in two classes within Suffolk University’s theater department. BCC’s lead instructor, Ingrid Oslund has been a Guest Lecturer in these classes as an Alumni of Suffolk’s theater program. BCC students engaged in classwork with the college students, talked to them about their experiences, presented scenes, and toured the stunning, newly renovated Modern Theater. Our young artists spent 4 hours at the University and left extremely excited by the experience.
Each of these accomplished performers appeared in last year’s Mainstage production of East High Tales, and three of them will be performing in Alice’s Wonderland, an adaptation of the classic story staged in an immersive way, produced by Boston Community Collaborative and The Nazzaro Center. The young students will be appearing onstage with some of the same Suffolk University students they worked with in class. We are so pleased to be able to foster this environment and opportunity of professionalism and artistic integrity in theater for all ages.
Alice’s Wonderland will be showing June 2 and June 3, 7 pm at 225 Franklin Street. Featured will be 10 actresses ages 9-13, and 4 professional Boston area adult actors. It will take place in a unique, unforgettable, repurposed space in an impressively beautiful financial district office building. For tickets: http://aliceswonderlandbcc.brownpapertickets.com/
BCC is thrilled to be able to facilitate such cool opportunities for these students.
BCC was incorporated in 2013 and strives to create community by connecting people and resources.
BCC offers courses in Drama, Dance, Fitness and Engineering for Kids during the St John School afterschool program, courses in Drama in the North End, and at the Josiah Quincy afterschool program. BCC holds a Movers and Shakers class for babies and toddlers at the West End Community Center. BCC hosts a number of community events: Movie Nights in the Gassy during the summer, an annual Halloween Party for adults, and an annual Springtime Egg Hunt in Christopher Columbus Park. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Events:
June 2 and 3, 7 pm, – 225 Franklin Street – “Alice’s Wonderland”. Our Youth Main stage Production, co-produced by Boston Community Collaborative and The Nazzaro Center features a cast of young people as well as professional actors.
• June 4, 12 pm – “Twisted Tales; A Play on Perspectives” – Our next end of session presentation featuring collaborations between all of our students.
• June 13, 5:30, Josiah Quincy School – “Campfire Tales”. Our presentation for the end of our next session at the Josiah Quincy School.
• July 5-9, Dover NH at the Seacoast Fringe Festival. “Woman Writer’s Suicide Club”. Our adult main stage production from this year has been accepted into this regional theater festival. Ages 18 and up.
• Wednesday nights all summer long. North End Movie Nights in the Gassy
• August, 2017, Our week long summer intensive theatre offering. “Hairspray”. A musical theatre intensive based on the music and book of the Broadway hit “Hairspray”.