Cash scholarships will be awarded to private school students and Staples gift cards to public school students who live in the North End. Last year, in partnership with the Nazzaro Center and several other generous donors, NEAD was able to give out over $6,000 to North End students. See below for eligibility requirements and how to apply.
- Applicant must be a North End resident who is attending school (Proof of residency is required. Must provide a letter from the school verifying North End residency.)
- Scholarships are awarded from kindergarten through college.
- Scholarships are for the 2017 -18 academic year and proof of matriculation must be present in order for NEAD to release funds.
- Tuition-based school winners will receive a check payable to their school. Public school winners will receive a Staples gift card toward school supplies.
- No student can win more than one scholarship per drawing, but he/she is eligible for future drawings.
- The applicant must fill out each applicable box on the application form with their name, address, phone, email, school attending, and grade for upcoming school year beginning in September.
- A COMPLETED and SIGNED application must be submitted by May 12, 2017 at 6:00pm. Late applications will not be considered.
- Winners or an adult family member must be present at time of drawing, 5/19/17 at 6pm at the Nazzaro Center, to receive scholarship.
- Family members of NEAD Board of Directors may not be eligible to apply for scholarships.
[button link=”http://northendwaterfront.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/17-2018-NEAD-scholarship-application.pdf” style=”download” color=”orange”]Download 2017-2018 NEAD Scholarship Application[/button]
Please send completed applications to:
North End Against Drugs, c/o Nazzaro Center
30 North Bennet Street
Boston, MA 02113
If you would like to make a donation towards a scholarship, please contact Olivia “Costa” Scimeca at 617-605-6142.