The North End / Waterfront Residents’ Association (NEWRA) reported on a number of neighborhood issues at its September meeting. Here is a summary and video timeline from the “Reports” part of the meeting.
(00:00 in video) NEWRA Officer Nominations Open – The NEWRA annual election is October 13th and the group is accepting nominations for its executive positions. Reaching term limits this cycle are President Ford Cavallari and Sergeant-at-arms Robyn Reed. Past President Jim Salini is heading up the Nomination Committee. Those interested in getting involved can contact NEWRA via their website.
(02:10) A Boston City Council oversight hearing is schedule for September 20th regarding the Boston Redevelopment Authority and urban renewal zones.
(02:50) Membership report by Mary McGee
(03:50) Parks and Open Spaces Committee report by Robyn Reed
- Tree inventory/update
- Prado / Paul Revere Mall renovation
- Next parks meeting is November 1st, all welcome
- Contact email@example.com to get involved or questions/inquiries
(08:40) Zoning, Licensing & Construction Committee report by Victor Brogna
- Review from last ZLC meeting
- 25 Atlantic Avenue condo development – proponent is reviewing abutter comments
- Monica’s Pizza – September 27th hearing scheduled at City Hall; NEWRA requests postponement
- Upcoming at the September 27th ZLC meeting, 7pm, Mariner’s House, 2nd Floor:
- 65 Atlantic Ave (Golden Goose) – proposal for new coffee shop / cafe
- 17 Clark Street – building renovation
(15:45) President’s historical comment
Ed note: Apologies for the bad audio. The acoustics in the Nazzaro gymnasium were very poor. The regular meeting room was being used for the primary election.