Three Things to Know for Wednesday, May 11, 2016:
1. Heads up! The design presentation for the 88 North Washington Street Hotel proposal will be take place at 6:30pm at the Nazzaro Center, located at 30 North Bennet Street. This meeting will discuss the proposal of new construction of a new 39,999 gross square foot structure with a 13 level, 74 key hotel on a 2,159 sf parcel on the corner of North Washington Street and Valenti Way in the Bulfinch Triangle. View the event posting, read more on the “skinny hotel” via Banker & Tradesman.
Also on Wednesday’s Events Calendar:
- Old North Church has a lecture presentation, “Uncovering Cherubs” at 6:30 p.m.
- The North End Branch Library is teaching Beginning Beading at 6:30 p.m.
- Earlier in the day at 3:00 p.m., the BRA is hosting a Downtown Waterfront Planning Meeting at City Hall.
Details on these and more in the Events Calendar.
2. Local Business Buzz: The hat is back; North End hat shop Salmagundi draws characters from Boston and beyond. At one point and time in Boston, hat shops were in every neighborhood of the city. In 2014, Salmagundi opened on Salem Street in the North End, where hat enthusiast and shop owner Jessen Fitzpatrick loved the family vibe that still remains in the neighborhood. Selling hats that range from $38 to $500, view video and read more about this local shop that is nestled in one of “Boston’s last true neighborhoods,” at MassLive.
3. Look out below! A pizza slicer was caught on the loose, in case you needed any further proof that the North End is the “Little Italy” of Boston:
— Brian Messenger (@Brian_Messenger) May 9, 2016
Did we miss something? Add it to the comments. Email email@example.com with your upcoming neighborhood news and photos.