District 1 City Councilor Sal LaMattina visited the North End / Waterfront Residents’ Association (NEWRA) with good news on neighborhood funding, including:
- $100 thousand to study and find a site for a new community center in the North End to replace or complement the Nazzaro Center.
- $1.9 million in funding for the renovation of the Paul Revere Mall (Prado)
- $2.5 million for the renovation of North Square
- $487 thousand for Rachel Revere Square
- $260 thousand for electrical repairs at Puopolo Field
- $40 million for the renovation of the Eliot School at 585 Commercial Street building [See Design Revealed for Eliot School Renovation]
- $450 thousand for new bathrooms and sprinklers at the existing Eliot School on Charter Street
- $5 million for Langone Park – playground, ball field, bocce courts, lighting
Spending on the above projects is budgeted as part of the City’s four-year capital plan. LaMattina also talked about his vote in support of Urban Renewal extension at the Boston Redevelopment Authority.
At 10:30 in the above video, LaMattina takes questions from NEWRA members, including inquires about the BRA process regarding the proposed Lewis Wharf hotel.
Please view the above video for Councilor LaMattina’s full comments at the April 2016 NEWRA meeting.