Capital projects in the North End area have been announced as part of the City’s FY16 budget, recently approved by the Boston City Council and the Mayor. In the North End specifically, the following projects are in different phases within the Capital Plan process:
New Projects included in the FY16 Plan:
- Christopher Columbus Park: $260,000 to address drainage and pavement issues adjacent to water play feature.
- Langone Park & Puopolo Playground: $2.91 million to enhance and improve the playground, basketball court, baseball fields, softball field, bocce, lighting, drainage and plantings.
Projects currently in design in the FY16 Plan:
- North Square: $2.5 million to redesign the key junction of North Street, Sun Court, Moon Street, Garden Court and Prince Street.
- Rachel Revere Square: $487,000 to for general park refurbishment including furnishings, play area, plaza, and pathways. Work will be coordinated with a nearby Public Works project.
Projects currently under construction in the FY16 Plan:
- Eliot School at 585 Commercial Street: $36.25 million for the continued construction at the site, including the building envelope, fire safety and retrofit of the third floor of 585 Commercial Street.
- Eliot School at North Bennet Street: $23 million to renovate North Bennet Street buildings which will provide additional classrooms to support the Eliot School’s expansion as a K to 8 school.