Video: NEWRA Reports from the September 11, 2014 meeting held at the Nazzaro Center.
(00:00 in video) Welcome by NEWRA President, Jim Salini
(00:30) Nicole Leo from the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services distributed updated trash guidelines from the Department of Public Works.
(01:25) President’s Report
- The annual NEWRA election of officers will take place at the October 9th meeting. Contact email@example.com with nominations.
- Boston Public Market groundbreaking on October 9, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.
- Douglas and Barbara Peterlin will be awarded the September 2014 Good Neighbor Recognition Award.
- The problem properties task force is back. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to report a problem.
(04:30) The Parks and Open Space Committee is working on these major items, as reported by David Kubiak:
- Master plan of infrastructure work required for the North End parks and open spaces.
- Replacing trees.
- Working with the City to plan changes to the Flights area of the Gassy.
(06:40) Zoning, Licensing and Construction Committee – Chair Victor Brogna
At the recent ZLC meeting, the committee heard from 420 Commercial St. – Etc Juicery and Monica’s Trattoria at 67-69 Salem Street. Both are expected to appear at a future membership meeting.
Next to be heard at the ZLC committee meeting on September 23rd is 78-80 Salem Street where a 2nd story has been built under a zoning variance (opposed by NEWRA). The applicant is Sushi Rock LLC with a proposal to serve Asian food with a 1:00 a.m. alcohol license. The location was most recently occupied on the first floor by Pulcinella Mozarella Bar e Ristorante.
As of September 2014, NEWRA has considered 25 zoning and licensing applications. Of those, 10 were voted to support, 12 with no objection and 3 in opposition.
(10:20) Tia’s on the Waterfront – VP Ford Cavallari advised that Tia’s is currently looking to add a 2nd story bar on its establishment. NEWRA would like the City to allow the organization an advisory role on such changes. (See NEWRA Votes to Pursue Review of Future Changes at Tia’s Restaurant.)