This is the direct result of:
1) Trash allowed on the streets overnight.
2) Absentee landlords that are not training their tenants.
3) Residents that do not take pride in their neighborhood.
4) Trash collectors (paid with our tax dollars) flinging open bags and not picking up the remains.
5) DPW and ISD not working together to solve the issues and enforce compliance.
The results are devastating to the well being of our wonderful neighborhood. We are one of the most popular destinations in the country. Our financial contribution to this city is crucial and beyond the revenue of most any other neighborhood.
The residents of the North End put up with droves of tourists all year. Responsible property owners remain diligent. Business owners are encouraged to clean in front of their businesses and do.
We deserve and, at this point, demand the highest support and attention from our city officials. This is a health emergency and quality of life situation that cannot be ignored any longer!!!!!
We have over 800 signatures of North End residents and the support of the North End Chamber of Commerce demanding the City to change their trash policies by NEVER allowing trash on our streets overnight.