Neighborhood View of the Day:
Saturday is the 2nd Annual Independence Day Celebration by the Friends of Christopher Columbus Park. This free celebration invites kids of all ages to decorate their bikes, scooters, strollers and themselves for an 11AM parade through Christopher Columbus Park. Other entertainment through the day will include visits by Big Joe the Storyteller and T-Bone, a fire truck, marionettes, a magician, and a musical performance by the North End Music & Performing Arts Center. Kids, parents and everyone else should show up at the park at 10:45 am to be in the parade around the park! Please note this event is weather-permitting. More information.
North End / Waterfront Events on the Calendar:
- 11:00am – 4th of July Celebration – Christopher Columbus Park
- 11:00am – POSTPONED – Feast Societies Bocce Tournament at Langone Park
- 1:00pm – Boston Sailing Center Open House at Lewis Wharf
- 1:00pm – Royal Irish Artillery at Paul Revere House, North Square
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
New on the Blog:
- New England Aquarium News: Penguins Are Back!
- OFFICINA 189, “The Italian Shopping Experience” Opens on North Street
- Roadwork Postponed for Haymarket I-93N and Sumner Tunnel OnRamps
- Traffic Advisory: Sullivan Square Underpass (Route 99 South) Closed This Weekend
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
Saturday June 29Rain showers early with isolated thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 79F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
- 10-Day Forecast
Did you take a cool photo in the North End / Waterfront? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to have it featured here. Also, feel free to post any other events or news in the comments below.