Neighborhood View of the Day:
In advance of Feast Day on June 13th, the statue of St. Anthony was processed through the North End streets on Sunday afternoon. Here is the procession on Charter Street. Many more photos to come in a separate photo gallery.
Did you take a cool photo in the North End / Waterfront? Email it to email@example.com to have it featured here.
North End / Waterfront Events on the Calendar:
- At 7:00 pm, the North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council meets at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet St. This is the first council meeting since the May 2013 election. NEWNC will hear about Youth Hocky, St. Joseph’s request to move the feast to the Prado and a license transfer from Nick’s Deli to Strega Pizzeria and Cafe on Hanover St. See the full agenda.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
New on the Blog:
- Fight on Commercial Street Gets Out of Hand on Saturday Night
- Rep. Aaron Michlewitz Hosts “Meet and Greet” Event in North End for Mayoral Candidate Charlotte Golar Richie
- Finishing Touches on the Restoration of Old North Church’s Iconic Steeple in Boston’s North End [Photos]
- NEMPAC Brings Music to the North End Library
- Inspectional Services Discusses Rooftops, Rental Units and Code Enforcement at Public Safety Meeting [Video]
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Monday June 10Cloudy skies early. A few showers developing later in the day. High around 75F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Did we miss an event or news? Your comments are welcome below.