NEWRA Zoning, Licensing and Construction Committee
Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 7:00 PM
Mariners House, 11 North Square, 2nd Floor
7:00 PM – 7:15 PM
266 Commercial Street, Four Winds Restaurant, Thomas Gioia has applied to the Mayor’s Office of Consumer Affairs and Licensing to amend the existing Live Entertainment License to include Karaoke and Disc Jockey. The owner seeks to add Karaoke entertainment one day per week. Disc Jockey is associated with Karaoke and will also be used in the second floor function room. The current Live Entertainment License allows vocalist and up to 5 instruments, dancing by patrons and games. The first floor restaurant and bar has a capacity of 60 persons, and the second floor function room has a capacity of 100 persons.
7:15 PM – 7:30 PM
Strega Pizzeria and Cafe, 371-373 Hanover Street, Nicola Varano has filed an application with the Licensing Board for transfer of the Malt and Wine with Cordials License at Nick’s Famous Deli, 66 Cross Street, to 371-373 Hanover Street, related to the operation of a proposed pizzeria and café in the first floor space formerly “Casa di Stile.”
7:30 PM – 7:45 PM
90-92 Endicott Street, Barry Samuels has filed a zoning appeal to change the legal occupancy from three apartments and store to four apartments, an existing condition.
Major Redevelopment Projects
7:45 PM – 8:30 PM
Several major redevelopment projects with building heights of up to 600 feet, millions of square feet of residential, office and commercial space and thousands of residential units are planned in the North Station, Bulfinch Triangle and Government Center areas. The Committee will discuss NEWRA’s participation in the public participation processes and reviews for some of these projects:
· Lovejoy Wharf: the BRA has issued a draft Cooperation Agreement establishing requirements for rehabilitation and expansion of the building at 160 N. Washington Street, including public access amenities and other mitigation requirements. Comments are due by June 5.
· Boston Garden Project: the developer of proposed mixed-use towers in front of Boston Garden on Causeway Street has filed an Environmental Notification Form with the Secretary of Environmental Affairs’ MEPA office. The public comment period ends on June 11. http://www.env.state.ma.us/mepa/mepadocs/2013/052213em/nps/enf/15052.pdf
· Government Center Garage: the developer is expected to file a Letter of Intent with the BRA soon. A 600-foot office tower and 400-foot residential towers are proposed, along with other buildings and a reconfiguration of the Haymarket bus terminal.
· Two more buildings will be constructed in the Bulfinch Triangle, alongside the Avenir apartment building and the Victor apartment building now in construction.
· Residential towers are also proposed behind North Station, along Nashua Street. One is proposed to be 400 feet tall and include 507 residential units.
ZLC Brief Updates
8:30 PM – 8:45 PM
· BRA design review of proposed building at 244-246R Hanover Street (site of former VFW Post)
· MassDOT Selection Process for Parcel 9 developer
· BRA Downtown Waterfront Planning and Greenway District Zoning
· Government Center Garage Redevelopment
For more information about ZLC Committee meetings, contact David Kubiak, ZLC Committee Co-Chair, at 617-833-9564.