Neighborhood View of the Day:
Taken shortly after the Boston Marathon bombings, outside the new Monica’s Mercato on Salem Street.
Did you take a cool photo in the North End / Waterfront? Email it to email@example.com to have it featured here.
North End / Waterfront Events on the Calendar:
- Are you one of those “first day” people? Then, stop over at grand opening of Bread + Butter at the corner of Cross & Salem Streets starting at 7:00 am on Friday. See more about B+B.
- Start planning your Memorial Day weekend and don’t forget about the special “Remembrance 2013” concert on Monday at Christopher Columbus Park. See the post.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
New on the Blog:
- North End Stories: Businesses of the 1950’s
- New Memorial Day Tradition: “Remembrance 2013: A Musical Tribute to Our Heros” at Christopher Columbus Park
- Meeting Report: Trash and Recyling in Downtown Neighborhoods
- The History of Cannoli: Italian American v. Italian
- Neighborhood View of the Day: Fiorelli Realty is Expanding
- Police Blotter: Quiet Week With Mostly Verbal Disputes
- North End Students Graduate From Boston College High
- Meeting Announcement for Urban Agriculture Initiative
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame: North End Athletic Association – Bostoniano.info
- OneIn3ers Share Ideas for Downtown Waterfront … BRA Blog
- Michele Wu Gets North End’s Rep. Aaron Michlewitz Endorsement for At-Large Council … Universal Hub
- Filling the Harbor from Eastie to the North End … BostInno
Friday May 24
Day – Rain likely with a few thunderstorms. High 67F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall possibly over one inch.
Night – Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Low around 50F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Did we miss an event or news? Your comments are welcome below.