Neighborhood View of the Day
It was a messy storm and now there are huge puddles on every corner. This dog didn’t like it one bit and finally had to be carried across the street. It’s a dog’s life. See more neighborhood photos from the storm.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo. See more neighborhood photos under the “Photos & Videos” menu and view recent photo posts here.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront
The North End Library has a Monster Movie Double Feature with “Phantom of the Opera” at 11:00 am and “The Mummy” at 1:00 pm. There is also a Seal Watch cruise out of Long Wharf at 11:00 am. There is also a lecture at the USS Constitution Museum “Isaac Hull in Love” at 2:00 pm.
On Sunday, March 10th, turn your clocks one hour ahead. Daylight Savings Time starts at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday. Don’t worry, you’ll make up the hour with more light in the evenings.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- Pictures of the March Winter Storm in the North End / Waterfront
- North End Youths Earn Boston College High School Honors
- Police Blotter: Cleveland Place Breaking & Entering Through Air Conditioner
- Dr. Joseph Warren on the Web Archives Contributions by Famous North End Resident
- A Well Traveled Headstone Makes Its Way Back to the North End
- Saint Lucy Society Sponsors Beeping Spring Egg Hunt at Perkins School for the Blind on March 30, 2013
- Residents’ Association (NEWRA) March 14, 2013 Meeting Agenda
What people are talking about
- Outdoor seating proposal on the sidewalk for Billy Tse Restaurant … here
- More on Pinkberry … here
- 2nd Floor addition plan at 78-80 Salem Street … here
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere
Debbie DiMasi gives an interview to the Boston Globe about the poor health treatment of her husband, Former Speaker Sal DiMasi who previously represented the North End. Read more.
Jeremy Fox reports on Boston.com about a meeting in East Boston relating to a casino advisory committee. Read more.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.
One Reply to “NEWF Saturday 3/9/13: Big Puddles, Monster Movies and Spring Those Clocks Ahead Sunday”
Matt, many thanks for the wonderful display of the North End in the snow. I especially enjoyed the pictures of Christopher Columbus Park, absolutely beautiful, but the rest were a great treat as well. Just remember Spring
is coming. Thanks so much again, you made my day.
Comments are closed.