Neighborhood View of the Day:
One of the best windows to look through in the North End is Polcari’s Coffee on the corner of Salem and Parmenter Streets where you’ll find these chestnuts.
Did you take a cool photo? Email it to email@example.com.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
- Early birds will be at the 8am-11am Charrette for Waterfront Activation and Public Realm Visioning at the Boston Harbor Hotel, Atlantic Room.
- Kids can get in the holiday spirit with a 3:00 pm St. Patrick’s Day craft at the North End Library.
- A documentary screening of “Patron Saint, The Montefalcione Devotion to Saint Anthony” will be held at 7:00 pm at Saint Leonard Church Hall. See the post.
- At 7:30 pm, NEMPAC and Old North Church present a jazz concert with the Scott Boni Trio. See the post.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- Billy Tse Restaurant Receives Unanimious Support from Neighborhood Council for Outdoor Sidewalk Seating [Video]
- NEWRA Flash Report: Supports Pinkberry & 55′ Building at 9 Cooper St.; Opposes Billy Tse’s Outdoor Seating & 78-80 Salem St. for Trattoria Pulcinella
- 2013 Annual Old North Lantern Ceremony on April 14th; Tickets Available
- City to Buy 585 Commercial Street in North End / Waterfront for New K-8 Public School
- Kickoff Meeting Video: Downtown Waterfront & Greenway District Zoning Planning Initiative
- NEMPAC Announces Spring Course Lineup
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- In terms of fundraising for its custom carousel, the Greenway Conservancy landed a whale. Well, actually more like a diamond. The Tiffany & Co. Foundation will contribute $1.5 million to the landscaping around the carousel in exchange for naming rights of the surrounding park. More at Boston.com.
- A thoughtful shout-out of our video from the Boston Business Journal talking about the NEWNC vote to support a 2nd floor expansion at 78-80 Salem St. for Pulcinella Mozzarella restaurant. Read more.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.