Neighborhood View of the Day:
When it gets dark early, the lights and activities from shops are much more apparent when walking down the street, such as shown here from the outside of Di Paolo & Rossi Meat Market on Salem Street.
Send it your North End / Waterfront photos to be featured. Check out more Neighborhood Photos in the “Photos & Videos” menu.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
- On Saturday, catch the showing of the 1960 movie, “Spartacus” directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Kirk Douglias, Tony Curtis, Laurence Olivier and Peter Ustinov. Winner of 4 Academy Awards, “Spartacus” tells the story of a slave gladiator leading a revolt against the Roman Empire. North End Library, 25 Parmenter St., 11:00 am, free.
- On Sunday, it’s Football’s “Bye Week”, 1/27 and the annual Skate Date Family Event at Steriti Rink from 2pm to 5pm. See the post.
- Also on Sunday, it’s CityFeast 2013 to benefit Joslin Diabetes Center. See the post.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- “Boston’s Back” – City Hall Says Recession is Over
- Poll Results: Lighted Trees / Structures, Winter Gardens and Ice Sculptures Preferred Over Disco Balls
What people are talking about:
- The trash survey post continues to receive new comments.
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
Your additions and comments are welcome below. Not yet subscribed to the NorthEndWaterfront.com newsletter? Sign up here.