Happy 2013! It’s a brand new start and time for something new from NorthEndWaterfront.com … Monthly Wallpaper Calendars for your computer desktop and mobile devices!
Coming out every month, these wallpaper calendars will feature a local image of Boston’s North End or Waterfront.
For January 2013, this photo is hot off the press (or SD card) from New Year’s at midnight. I dragged my tripod to the middle of Long Wharf park, falling only once on the ice amid the thousands of revelers. In the center is the flagpole at the end of Long Wharf with the spectacular exploding fireworks over Boston Harbor. The colors of the fireworks were extraordinary last night, but it wasn’t very windy so the American flag wasn’t blowing much, but that’s what makes the photo real!
For my photography friends, I took this with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 24-104mm lens (at 35mm), F8, ISO 200, 3 seconds. I’ve always found photographing fireworks hit or miss, but check out these tips that have helped me by local pro Jeff Tamagini and Trey Ratcliff’s Stuck in Customs (also here for beginners).
How to make this your desktop wallpaper background:
- Download the image file below in the size that best fits the resolution and proportions of your computer desktop screen or mobile device.. This may require a bit of trial and error.
- Right-click on the image and choose “Set as Desktop Background” or “Use as Desktop Picture” or something similar depending on your specific system.
- For mobile devices like the iPhone or iPad, you usually can tap and hold to “Save” the photo. Then, in the Photos App or Settings, choose the photo, select the “Wallpaper” option (on iOS, this is under the Send To icon) for your Home or Lock screen. On mobile devices, you can often adjust the position of the image on the screen before saving it as your wallpaper.
- 1024 x 768 (Good for iPads too)
- 1280 x 1024
- 1600 x 1200
- 1600 x 900 (wide)
- 1280 x 800 (Small Widescreens)
- 1440 x 900 (Medium Widescreens)
- 1920 x 1200 (Large Widescreens)
- 1920 x 1080 (wide)
- 1680 x 1050 (wide)
- 640 x 960 (iPhone and large vertical mobile)
- 480 x 272 (horizontal mobile)
- 240 x 320 (stylized mobile)
Enjoy the wallpaper calendar and I hope you will come back next month!