Neighborhood Photo of the Day:
I’ve been enjoying the very active Facebook page, Dirty Old Boston, showing the Boston area before the gentrification era. In a blast from the 1980s, this photo is from Chris Zappala where the entrance to a tunnel under I-93 connected the North End to Haymarket.
Did you take a great photo? Send it in.
What’s Going On in the North End / Waterfront
- At 10am, the Eliot K-8 School on Charter St. has an open house/preview session for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Throughout the day and into the night, “Terminales” is doing a tv show shoot around North Square. There will also be a short shoot on Hanover Street. See the post.
- At 6pm, head over the North End Library, 25 Parmenter St., for the showing of “Moonrise Kingdom.”
- The Greenway Conservany’s Winter Lights program kicks off at 6pm at the Harbor Islands Pavilion with “Lightwaves.”
- At 6:30 pm, the Friends of the North End Parks, FOTNEP, hold a meeting at the Mariner’s House, 11 North Square.
Find out the details on these and upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- A slew of comment letters have come in this week regarding the Parcel 9 final bidding process. All of the community letters and the Haymarket Pushcart Association are supporting “Blackstone Market,” a development proposal by Cresset Partners and DeNormandie Companies. See the post and comments.
- The Greenway Conservancy Board of Directors met on Monday to discuss revised by-laws and new directors from the surrounding neighborhoods, including the North End. See the video.
Under the radar
Even many longtime residents don’t know all the North End Branch Library has to offer. Check out December’s activity calendar.
Check out recent Real Estate sales in the North End / Waterfront, listed here.
Are you subscribed to the free NorthEndWaterfront.com newsletter? Sign up here.
Your comments are welcome below.