Boston Police, District A-1, hosted the monthly North End Public Safety meeting on November 1, 2012 at the Nazzaro Community Center. A timeline summary is shown below so you can jump around the video.
00:00 Welcome and introductory remarks by BPD Captain Thomas Lee.
00:40 Comment on recent Boston Globe article on North End quality of life issues.
03:00 City Councilor Sal LaMattina speaks on the proposed Nuisance Control Ordinance. Some residents comment on the proposal, with most offering support. Boston Police support the ordinance.
11:40 Crime statistics and arrest reports in the past 30 days – Captain Lee.
- No homicides, no sexual assaults
- 10/13/12, 3:37am – North End officers responded to 600 Commercial St. (parking garage) where 2 suspects were arrested after being found with stolen property.
- 10/16/12, 10 pm – Atlantic and Commercial St. – Officer heard North Ender screaming for help, intercepted a purse snatch in progress. Suspect, 50 y/o from Pine Street Inn.
- 10/17/12, 5 am – 214 Hanover St. – Woman broke into apartment to get away from male she was with. Found hiding in a closet in apartment. Listed occupation was exotic dancer.
- 10/19/12, 2:09 am – Officers from noise control unit, responded to 9 Charter St. for loud rooftop party. One 17 y/0 Suffolk University student was arrested.
- 10/24/12, 11:25 am – Officer observed known North End resident coming out back door of Cantina Italiana on Hanover St. with stolen meat and freezer goods. Suspect placed under arrest.
19:30 Robberies, assaults and break-in reports by BPD Teddy Boyle.
28:00 22 loud parties calls in last 30 days – Captain Lee and Sgt Lema
- 4 N. Bennet Ct. – Male arrested for disturbing the peace
- 28 Fleet St. – Approximately 100 people at party, tenants later evicted
- 139 Fulton St. – Birthday party out of control, Neighbor said 2nd party occurred 2 weeks later
- 6 Unity St. – Party complaints investigated by BPD
34:40 Caffe Pompeii encouraged to add a late night police detail (open to 4 am)
36:30 Elderly on elderly harassment at Michelangelo
37:40 416 Hanover St. – Possible rave parties going on
42:10 St. Anthony’s Feast – residents thank police for their presence
43:00 General Discussion
The next North End Public Safety meeting is scheduled for December 6, 2012, 6:30 pm at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. The meeting is open to the public.