This video shows the opening night of the Madonna Della Cava 2012 Feast held on August 10th at Hanover & Battery Streets. The ceremony includes the exposition of the image of the Madonna to the feast chapel.
The image of Maria SS Della Cava, Principal Patron of Pietraperzia, Sicily was rediscovered miraculously in the year 1223 by a mute from Trapani who was directed by Our Lady to proceed to the outskirts of the town where the portrait of Our Lady would be found. In the process, his speech and hearing were restored. The first words emitted by the mute were, “VIVA MARIA SS DELLA CAVA.” Read more at the society’s website: MadonnaDellaCava.com.