Highlighting the 92nd Madonna Della Cava Feast was the Sunday procession through the streets of the North End, accompanied by St. Alfio’s Band and the Northeast Italian Band.
The image of Maria SS Della Cava, Principal Patron of Pietraperzia, Sicily was rediscovered miraculously in the year 1223 by a mute from Trapani who was directed by Our Lady to proceed to the outskirts of the town where the portrait of Our Lady would be found. In the process, his speech and hearing were restored. The first words emitted by the mute were, “VIVA MARIA SS DELLA CAVA.” Read more at the society’s website: MadonnaDellaCava.com.
Photos by Matt Conti. Download high resolution versions of these photographs for free and order prints/products here: http://smu.gs/NjfQlZ