Zoning, Licensing and Construction Committee
Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 7:00 PM
Mariners House, 11 North Square, 2nd Floor
Zoning Appeals and License Applications
7:00 PM – 7:20 PM
7 Baldwin Place, Anthony Bova has filed an appeal for zoning relief to change the legal occupancy of the building from 5 residential apartments to 6 residential apartments, adding a one story addition to the building, not to exceed 55 feet. The project was presented by the owner at the May 29 ZLC Committee meeting. Two concerns were raised for which the ZLC Committee requested resolution and additional information: 1) the ISD refusal letter indicates a violation of the 55-foot height limit in the North End, yet the owner’s intent is to construct to a height no higher than 55 feet, and 2) concern was raised by an abutter on Noyes Place and by Committee members regarding light and air impacts to abutting properties.
7:20 PM – 7:40 PM
67 Salem Street, Trattoria di Monica, Mendoza Family has applied to the Licensing Board to add cordials to the existing Malt and Wine License and to extend the hours of operation from 11:00 PM to midnight on weekends.
7:40 PM – 8:00 PM
536 Commercial Street, Dr. Akhy Kahn has filed an appeal for zoning relief to construct a larger head house and a 27-foot by 21-foot roof deck. The building was recently converted to a single family home.
Tracking Other Applications 8:00 PM – 8:20 PM
- 94-96 Salem Street (aka 1 Wiget Street) seeking zoning relief to demolish a one-story structure on Wiget Street and construct a five-story addition to the Salem Street building increasing the number of residential apartments from 6 to 11. Board of Appeal hearing July 24, 2012.
- 4 Powers Court, Richard Adams seeking zoning relief to add one floor to the building and a rooftop penthouse. Board of Appeal hearing July 10, 2012.
- 55 North Washington Street, Michelle Holdings seeking to transfer 7-Day All Alcohol License to the first floor space formerly part of Tecce’s Restaurant from a business in Roslindale.
Updates and Other Business 8:20 PM – 9:00 PM
- Neighborhood Alcohol Licenses Update
- Parcel 9 development proposals
- BRA RFQ/P for new Downtown Waterfront/Greenway Municipal Harbor Plan
For more information about ZLC Committee meetings, contact David Kubiak, ZLC Committee Co-chair, at email@example.com.