North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC)
Monday, September 12, 2011, 7:00PM
Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet St.
1. Call to order & Roll Call
2. Meeting Protocol
3. Report from the offices of local elected officials
4. Committee reports
a. Resident Parking/Traffic Committee
b. Public Safety Committee
c. Bylaws Committee
d. Greenway Committee
5. 227 Hanover Street, Hot Tomatoes (formerly Lulu’s and Lyndell’s bakeries), has filed an appeal with the City of Boston’s Zoning Board of Appeals seeking zoning relief to change the use of the premises from a bakery to a small take-out restaurant, and has applied to the Licensing Board for the City of Boston for a 7-day Common Victualler (CV) license.
6. Salem Street Sewer Project: Presentation by Irene McSweeney, Director of Construction for the Boston Water and Sewer Commission (BWSC), on the BWSC’s plans to rehabilitate and replace a major section of the Salem Street sewer system from Cross Street to Hull Street, the work involved and the expected impact on residents and businesses. The BWSC will commence work in October.
7. Update on parking tickets: James Mansfield, City of Boston Transportation Department, will give an update on the summer statistics of non-resident parking tickets issued (either in the North End or the city overall) and answer questions.
8. North End Stories Project: Presentation by Jeanne Dasaro on her Oral History Project, “North End Stories” that aims to collect, preserve and share the stories of Italian-Americans whose families immigrated to Boston’s North End in the late 19th and early 20th century.
9. Public Comment/Open Discussion.