North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council
NEWNC AGENDA for November 8, 2010
7:00PM at The Pilot House, 2 Atlantic Ave.
(Note: Location Change)
1. Call to order – Stephen Passacantilli
2. Meeting protocol — Marie Simboli
3. Update from the Office of Neighborhood Services — Nicole Leo
4. Report from the offices of local elected officials
5. Committee reports
- A. Public Safety – Varies Monthly
- B. Greenway – Donna Freni
- C. Resident Parking – Ryan Kenny
6. Commissioner of the Department of Public Works, Joanne Massaro, will discuss the expanded street sweeping program in the North End.
7. 241 Hanover St., Frank DePasquale, owner of the property and restaurant (Bricco) has applied to expand Bricco Restaurant into 251 Hanover Street, currently Nobile Insurance Agency. Occupancy to be approximately 53 additional people.
8. 588 Commercial St., Laz Parking has filed plans with the City of Boston Inspectional Services Department to make several improvements to the existing parking lot at the corner of Commercial Street and Hull Street.
9. 34 Commercial Wharf, Henia Marecki seeks a variance to the Boston Zoning Code to change the occupancy of a first floor commercial unit by partitioning the existing Henia Beauty Salon/Day Spa to create a residential unit in the rear for use by the salon/unit owner.
Note that this meeting is being held at the Pilot House, 2 Atlantic Ave., not the Nazzaro Center. The Pilot House is behind Constellation Wharf and the entrance is after the Starbucks. (The NEAD Family Dinner is at the Nazzaro Center that evening.)