From the North End/Waterfront Residents’ Association’s Parks and Open Space Committee:
To all North End/Waterfront residents interested in helping to improve and protect our neighborhood parks and open spaces:
Please attend the next meeting of the North End/Waterfront Residents’ Association’s Parks and Open Space Committee. The agenda is shown below.
NEWRA Parks and Open Space Committee Meeting
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Nazzaro Center, 30 North Bennet Street
Committee Chair: Anne M. Pistorio
7:00 PM – 7:15 PM
· Brief, open discussion of park related news and events.
Parks and Open Spaces Survey
7:15 PM – 7:30 PM
· Update on survey responses.
· Suggestions for improving the survey – how will the information be used?
· Suggestions for improving distribution/access and managing the information received.
Research and Inventory
7:30 PM – 7:45 PM
· Update from Anne Pistorio on her research efforts.
· Plan for neighborhood park survey (walk-through).
7:45 PM – 8:00 PM
· Work plan to create a neighborhood parks and open spaces map and guide.
Development of a Community-Based Program for the Gassy (DeFilippo Park)
8:00 PM – 8:30 PM
· Steps to improve a neighborhood park and establish local resident stewardship
– Conduct a field survey and inventory
– Create a partnership with Boston Parks and Recreation Department.
– Organize a clean-up.
– Identify programs and priorities.
– Establish neighborhood stewardship.
– Other ideas??
For more information about NEWRA’s Parks and Open Spaces Committee,
contact David Kubiak, at 617-833-9564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.