Monday, January 11, 2010
Nazzaro Community Center
30 N. Bennet Street
1. Call to order – Stephen Passacantilli
2. Roll call – Stephen Passacantilli
3. Meeting Protocol – Marie Simboli
4. Update from the Office of Neighborhood Services — Nicole Leo
5. Report from the offices of local elected officials
6. Committee reports
A. Public Safety
7. 2010 Census Recruiting – Elizabeth Vitello, Recruiting Assistant for the 2010 Census Bureau, will provide information on opportunities for neighborhood residents to be census takers by taking the required test. The census helps determine how funds are spent in our community on things like roads, parks, and other public services, as well as our representation in government. It is important to make sure that everyone in our community is counted. The 2010 Census temporary job offers good pay, flexible hours, paid training and the chance to work independently in our own community. www.2010censusjobs.gov
8. 133 Salem Street, David Crocini plans to add 1 story to the building creating a 4th floor. The legal occupancy will change from retail only to include 4 residential units with a roof deck. First floor will remain retail, 2nd floor will have 3 studio/one-bedroom units and 3rd & new 4th floor will be owner occupied. Height of the building will not exceed the 55-foot restriction.
9. 93 Charter St., Charter Boston Properties LLC – Applicant seeks zoning relief to increase floor area ratio (FAR) and to expand a rooftop headhouse to create a penthouse area. Plans also include a deck and garden on the roof. Occupancy will change from 4 to 3 apartments, including a 3-bedroom duplex on the 2nd and 3rd floors and expansion of two first floor units into the basement.
NEWNC meetings are open to the public.
Sign-up for the NEWNC email list at www.NEWNCBoston.org/emaillist.