The Boston Parks and Recreation Department and the Friends of the Public Garden invite you to the first Boston Common Master Plan Open House on October 29 between 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. at the Bordy Theater, 216 Tremont Street.
A short speaking program will begin at 6:30 p.m. The goal of the Master Plan is to create a Common that will serve the people of Boston and visitors alike while protecting this special place for decades to come. During this “town hall” style meeting, the public will have the opportunity to:
- Hear an overview of the Boston Common Master Plan project
- Provide general feedback
- Preview the initial survey results
- Comment on specific topics drawn from community responses, such as security, programming & events, accessibility, and more
- Learn about next steps in the Master Plan process
As “America’s First Public Park” and an oasis in downtown Boston, Boston Common is one of the most treasured green spaces in the world. Over the past several months, we have been deeply engaged in a conversation about the future of Boston Common. The level of engagement was significant:
- 4,000 people completed the online survey.
- We held eight “Mini Common” pop up events on the Common and out in the neighborhoods of Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, Beacon Hill, Roxbury, Chinatown, Back Bay, and East Boston.
- Nearly 1,200 people engaged in the “Mini Common” pop up events.
How can you participate? The Open House format will include opportunities for active participation as well as a slideshow presentation. The presentation will be made available on the project website at bostoncommonmasterplan.com, where you can also take the survey. This is the first in a series of open houses, so please check the website for updates.
Please note parking can be found at the following garages near 216 Tremont Street:
- Boston Common Garage: 0 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02116
- Ritz-Carlton Garage: 10 Avery Street, Boston, MA 02111
- 200 Stuart Street Garage: 200 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116
- Motor Mart Garage: 201 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116