Boston Police District A-1 provided North End / Waterfront residents an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the July 2019 North End Public Safety Meeting.
Aggravated Assaults (2)
– 7/25/19 at 8 p.m. (154 North St.): Police officers working a construction detail on North St. were informed by neighbors that a male suspect was harassing people walking by their building. Police officers attempted to talk to the suspect, who became combative with the officers. Suspect was charged with assault & battery on a police officer (2), assault & battery with a dangerous weapon on foot, and disorderly conduct.
– 7/27/19 at 6 p.m. (112 Fulton St.): Road rage incident. Two cars pulled over, after which one of the drivers got out of his car swearing, while swinging a metal pipe. Suspect was tracked down via his license plate number and summonsed to court.
Breaking & Entering – Residence (1)
– 7/16/19 at 4 a.m. (82 Endicott St.): Victim secured apartment before leaving for vacation on 7/12. Upon returning home, kitchen was found to have been ransacked. Items reported missing included a digital camera and six expensive pairs of shoes. No sign of forced entry, but window screen in kitchen was found to be in the “up” position.
Breaking & Entering – Commercial (1)
– 7/26/19 at 2 p.m. (396 Hanover St.): Two iPads and a printer were stolen.
– 7/1/19 at 3:30 p.m. (120 Prince St.): Victim reports he put down his iPhone under a coat on a bench at a Prince Street park. When he went to retrieve it a short time later, it was gone.
– Between 7/1/19 (10 p.m.) and 7/2/19 (6:30 a.m.) – 11 North Square: Victim reports he locked his 2015 Cannondale (black) bike outside a North Square building. When the victim returned in the morning, it was gone.
– 7/14/19 at 7:30 p.m. (290 Hanover St. – Caffe Vittoria): Employee left her bag on a rack by the bathroom. A female suspect entered the Caffe and stole the bag. Contents included a purse, driver’s license, and $950 in cash.
– 7/22/19 at 6:47 p.m. (17 Clark St.): Victim locked a bike to a signpost. Upon returning to retrieve it, the bike was gone.
– 7/24/19 at 8:10 p.m. (218 Hanover St. – CVS): Two suspects stole $75 worth of Claritin allergy pills and ran toward Haymarket.
– Trespassing: 7/21/19 at 3:30 a.m. (427 Commercial St. – Coast Guard Base): Female suspect drove up to the Base to file a report, claiming service members were yelling at her. Suspect had been drinking and was belligerent, and was placed under arrest for trespassing.
– Assault & Battery / Dangerous Weapon – Disorderly: Aforementioned 7/25/19 aggravated assault incident at 154 North St.
David Marx hosts the monthly Public Safety meeting with Boston Police District A-1. North End Public Safety Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6 p.m. at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome to attend and bring their questions. See the Community Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.