Boston Fire Department responded on Friday morning, around 6:30am, to smoke coming from the Sail Loft restaurant, Atlantic Ave., on the North End waterfront. The owner reports that a pile of thick cardboard plates fell onto a pilot light on the stove. The cook on site called the fire department when smoke appeared. Fortunately, no one was hurt and damage was minimal. A fire extinguisher was used so the entire restaurant, is getting a thorough cleaning and inspection. The Sail Loft is expected to open tomorrow on Saturday.

Advertisement

(Photo by Alex Goldfeld.)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here