Boston Police District A-1 provided North End / Waterfront residents an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the May 2018 North End Public Safety Meeting.
Crime in District A-1 is down 9% YTD.
Aggravated Assault (1)
– 4/27/18 (Charter Street): Domestic incident.
Disturbing the Peace (2)
– 4/28/18 – 4/29/18 (426 Hanover Street): Over the course of a single evening, police responded to the address on 3 separate occasions (11:30 p.m., 2:49 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.) for a loud party being hosted on the roof deck and in the tenant’s apartment. Summons was issued for Keeper of a Disorderly House.
– 4/28/18 at 7:30 p.m. (49 Charter Street): Two white males and two black males got into an altercation (before or while heading to Foster Street). One suspect allegedly showed a gun. A sneaker, a piece of a chain and a broken cell phone were recovered. Victims were uncooperative. No charges were able to be filed.
Breaking & Entering – Commercial (2)
– Between 4/22/18 at 5:00 p.m. and 4/24/18 at 10:30 a.m. (10 Lewis Street): Hair salon reports an unknown person forced open the front door to the salon. Victim reports cash register was stolen (the exact amount of cash inside the register was unknown), as well as about $5,000 worth of hair cutting scissors and clippers. A crowbar believed to be used in the break-in was found at the scene and will be checked for fingerprints. Any video recorded by a camera or cameras in the vicinity is being sought.
– 4/30/18 – 5/1/18 at 12:00 a.m. (Fleet Street): Police officers responded to a breaking & entering in progress at La Summa. On arrival, they spoke with a witness who informed them he observed on video a male suspect stealing property from the restaurant. Suspect found hiding in a rear storage shed and ordered out. At this time the suspect came running out in an attempt to escape with a box cutter in his hand. Police Officer was able to to kick a trash barrel in his way knocking him off balance and to the ground where he was handcuffed. Property recovered from the suspect and returned to witness from the restaurant. Suspect made statements that he wanted to harm himself was transported MGH by EMS for a section 12 evaluation. Suspect to be summonsed to court.
– 4/18/18 between 12:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (20 Cooper Street): Victim reports a package delivered to his Cooper Street residence was stolen. The stolen package contained ~ $160 worth of vitamins and supplements.
Larceny from Motor Vehicle (1)
– 4/12/18 at 2:04 a.m. (corner of Endicott Street & Thacher Street): Male suspect was arrested for breaking into and entering a 2018 Kia Optima. Suspect was inside the motor vehicle when officers arrived. Witness called to report suspect was pulling on car door handles on Endicott Street.
– Assault & Battery (209A): Aforementioned Charter Street incident.
– Breaking & Entering of Motor Vehicle: Aforementioned Endicott & Thatcher Streets incident.
David Marx hosts the monthly Public Safety meeting with Boston Police District A-1. North End Public Safety Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m. at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome to attend and bring their questions. See the Community Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.