Boston Police District A-1 provided North End / Waterfront residents an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the April 2018 North End Public Safety Meeting.
Robberies – Business (1)
– 3/6/18 at 2:53 a.m. at 484 Hanover Street (7-Eleven): Police officers responded to an armed robbery in progress at the 7-Eleven store at Hanover and Commercial Streets. The clerk reported two unknown male suspects displayed a handgun and knife and stole merchandise, cash register and lottery machine. The suspects fled on foot. After an investigation by A-1 detectives and a review of the store’s video footage, two juvenile suspects were identified and arrested for armed robbery.
Breaking & Entering – Residence (1)
– Between 3/1/18 at 9:00 a.m. and 3/6/18 at 9:30 a.m. at 16 Stillman Street: The storage room of the common area of an apartment complex was broken into. LL Bean luggage valued at $75 and Birkenstock shoes were among the items that were stolen.
Breaking & Entering – Commercial (1)
– 3/22/18 at 2:02 a.m. at 342 Hanover Street (7-Eleven): Police officers responded to a Hanover Street convenience store for an alarm. The front glass door was broken. Cigarettes appeared to be the only thing missing at this time. An emergency board-up company was called to secure the front glass door.
– 3/11/18 between 7:15 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. at North Square: Victims reported they dropped their bags off in the lobby of their North Square apartment and went out to dinner. When they returned, the two bags were stolen. The bags contained two computers, iPhones, a pair of glasses and a notebook of files. No sign of forced entry.
– Between 3/28/18 at 9:00 p.m. and 3/29/18 at 5:30 p.m. at 105 Salem Street: Victim reported he locked his neon green (Jamis) bicycle at a community bike area on Salem Street. When he returned the next day, the bike was stolen.
– 3/24/18 at 11:04 a.m. at Hanover Street CVS: Shoplifting incident.
– 3/26/18 at 11:37 a.m. at Hanover Street CVS: Male suspect stole multiple hair products from a Hanover Street pharmacy. Suspect fled on foot.
Larceny from Motor Vehicle (2)
– Between 3/5/18 at 4:00 p.m. and 3/6/18 at 7:00 a.m. at Prince Street and Salem Street: Car was broken into. The rear window seal was off the frame and the car’s contents were tossed around. Items reported missing included cash and an iPhone charger.
– 3/17/18 between 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. at 300 Hanover Street: A couple used a car valet service while they went to dinner. The next day, they discovered some items were missing from the car.
– Disorderly (1) / Robbery – Commercial (2): The same suspect was arrested for the aforementioned CVS larcenies. The disorderly conduct charge stemmed from the suspect making suicidal statements, etc.
– Assault & Battery 209A: 3/11/18 at Charter Street: Domestic incident.
– Assault & Battery 209A: 3/23/18 at Charter Street: Domestic incident.
– Open / Gross Lewdness: 4/1/18 at 9:21 p.m. at Cutillo Park: A male suspect was engaged in—and arrested for—open gross lewd activity.
David Marx hosts the monthly Public Safety meeting with Boston Police District A-1. North End Public Safety Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m. at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome to attend and bring their questions. See the Community Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.