February Newsletter from City Councilor Lydia Edwards:
February may be the shortest month of the year but it’s been a busy couple of weeks in the Council. Earlier this month, I vice-chaired a hearing on short-term rental regulations in the City of Boston. If you missed it, watch it here and skip to the 16-minute mark to hear my questions on enforcement, investor class profits, and impact on our housing stock.
On Valentine’s Day, I filed an order in the Council calling for a public hearing on the redevelopment of the Bunker Hill housing development or “One Charlestown” in an effort to bring City Hall and developer transparency to the community. The hearing is planned for Thursday, March 15 at 6:00 PM to take place in Charlestown for the very first time at the Knights of Columbus, 545 Medford Street.
Topics in this month’s newsletter include:
- Redevelopment of One Charlestown
- Rutherford Avenue / Sullivan Square Project
- Noyes Playground Improvements in East Boston
- Short-Term Residential Rentals
- Logan Airport Workers Strike
- First Stage of Suffolk Downs Redevelopment Approved
- Request for Proposals for Piers Park III in Eastie
- Anthony Barrasso’s 100th Birthday
Read more about these topics and see upcoming community meetings in the full newsletter.