Boston Police District A-1 provided an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the August 2016 North End Public Safety Meeting. The figures below cover the last 30 days period.
- -Down 4% (District-wide)
- -Down 6% (City-wide)
- 7/10 (7.00pm) at 97 Salem Street (Boston Common Coffeeshop): 3 people used the men’s bathroom around closing time. 1 of the individuals (male) emerged from the bathroom wearing a mask, claimed he had a gun and emptied $559 from the cash register and an unknown amount of money from a safe.
- 342 Hanover Street (7-Eleven) at 10.50pm: Suspect displayed a large knife and stole an unknown amount of money from the cash register. The surveillance video camera inside the store was not working at the time of the incident.
Breaking & Entering – Residential (1)
- 8/2 at 351 North Street: Victim’s boyfriend was arrested for breaking into his girlfriend’s apartment.
Breaking & Entering – Commercial (2)
- 7/24 & 7/25 at 125 Salem Street (La Galleria): Office door was opened and envelopes were removed overnight. Both a safe and a computer were stolen from the basement the next day. The suspect is known to the store owner (local guy) and is believed to be behind both incidents. A warrant will be sought for his arrest.
- 2 incidents resulted in a total of 2 arrests, 1 of which was an assault & battery domestic violence incident.
- 2 incidents took place at 133 Salem Street (yoga studio). Handbags were stolen.
- 1 incident was really related to fraud (victim was trying to sell his iPhone, only to have his phone swapped out for a dead iPhone).
- 2 bikes were reported stolen.
Suffolk University Move-In Dates: Saturday 8/27 & Sunday 8/28.
The dog park on Prince Street will be locked during Feast weekends.
North End Public Safety meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m., at the Nazzaro Community Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome!