Happy 4th of July! Three Must Know Things for Today:
1. Events taking place today:
Boston Harborfest. It’s the final day of Harborfest View the events.
9:00am City of Boston Independence Day Parade and Commemoration at Faneuil Hall. Join the memorial parade to the Historic Burying Grounds for wreath layings, stopping for the official reading of the Declaration of Independence off the Old State House balcolny. End at Faneuil Hall for the formal oration. More information.
10:00am Independence Day Oration at Faneuil Hall. Former Mayor of Boston and Ambassador to the Vatican Raymond Flynn will be this year’s orator for Boston’s Independence Day Celebration. Flynn has orated the celebration once before in 1986, making this year special as the 30th anniversary of his first oration.
6:00pm Free Zumba Class at Christopher Columbus Park. Boston Public Health Commission, the Boston Parks & Recreation Department and Blue Cross Blue Shield MA are partnering to provide the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series free fitness programming in Boston Parks this summer.
2. Details on the Fireworks:
3. Fun Facts about the 4th of July:
- The average age of those who signed the Declaration of Independence was 45. The youngest at age 27, was Thomas Lynch, Jr of South Carolina. The oldest delegate was Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania at age 70. Thomas Jefferson was 33.
- An estimated 150 million hot dogs will be consumed on July 4th.
- Including John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, a total of three US presidents have died on July 4th. James Monroe is the third president to share this fate.
Keep up with what’s happening on the Events Calendar.
[wunderground numdays=”3″ layout=”table-horizontal” hidedata=”search” showdata=”alert,daynames,pop,icon,text,conditions,date,highlow”]
Did we miss something? Add it to the comments. Email email@example.com with your neighborhood photos.