6/11/2016 update: NEWNC has updated its Monday night meeting agenda to include a discussion regarding the announced closing of the Spaulding Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in the North End.
Monday, June 13, 2016, 7:00PM
Nazzaro Center, 30 North Bennet Street
1. Welcome: NEWNC President
2. Call to Order & Roll Call: NEWNC President
3. Meeting Protocol: NEWNC Vice President
4. President’s Report: NEWNC President
5. Committee Reports:
a. Resident Parking/Traffic Committee
b. Public Safety Committee
c. Greenway Committee
6. Reports from the Offices of Local Elected Officials
7. DiFillippo (Gassy) Dog Park. Kelly Thomas, project manager of the dog park, will provide updates on the dog park.
8. Vin and Vigor, Inc. d/b/a The Wine Bottega. Kimberly Scott, petitioner, seeking to transfer the 7-day wine and malt beverages package store license from Kerri Platt to petitioner.
9. 198 Hanover Street. Karen Johnson, AICP, Charter Realty & Development Corp. proposes project to demolish existing structure (one story, commercial use with three residential levels above) and replace it with a one story building with four ground level commercial spaces, but not replacing the residential units.
10. Community Chat: Nursing Home Closing
In light of Partners’ distressing and frightening decision to close its Spaulding Rehab nursing home in the North End–ostensibly without any community outreach or input–the North End/Waterfront Neighborhood Council will discuss this important matter. Please join us to take part in a community conversation so we can help our neighbors guarantee their family gets the care they need and deserve. We need to safeguard the comfort and care of our North End seniors.