The Greenway Conservancy (RoseKennedyGreenway.org) announced a record line-up of 34 food trucks and trikes, including 10 new vendors, 2 of those new food vendor debuts, for the 2016 season of Greenway Mobile Eats. The largest ever number of food vendors in seven years of Mobile Eats will offer a wide variety of fresh, affordable cuisine at 7 different vending locations along The Greenway seven days a week.
There will be up to 20 trucks and trikes vending on The Greenway daily during the height of the season; specifics can be found at rfkgc.org/food with updates via @HelloGreenway on Twitter. From bacon delicacies and wood-fired pizza, to fresh tacos and noodle bowls – our trucks never disappoint the neighborhood’s lunchtime crowd.
Join us on Saturday, April 23rd for the Greenway Spring Food Truck Festival, sponsored by Stop & Shop and Peapod! Come and meet roughly a dozen of our new and returning vendors on April 23rd from 11am – 2pm on The Greenway between Milk and India Streets. This family-friendly event is a great opportunity to try out “Greenway Cuisine” – especially for those who cannot make it to The Greenway on weekdays. (Food truck line-up to be announced; Rain date is April 30th)
“We are so pleased to welcome the return of spring with the opening of our seventh season of Mobile Eats,” said Jesse Brackenbury, Executive Director of the Greenway Conservancy. “The tremendous variety of fresh, distinctive, and locally-sourced food items available at reasonable prices makes Mobile Eats a popular reason to visit The Greenway… and to keep coming back. We are proud to support the local food entrepreneurs as we welcome them back to The Greenway for another delicious season.”
Over 640,000 hungry patrons were served on The Greenway during the Conservancy’s 2015 Mobile Eats season, up from 412,000 the prior year.
“We are excited about the expansion of the Greenway’s Mobile Eats program, which not only offers residents and visitors alike an array of food options, but also helps support local food entrepreneurs,” said Mayor Walsh. “I congratulate the Rose Kennedy Greenway on their success last year and look forward to another great season.”
NEW vendors for the 2016 Greenway Mobile Eats season:
- Chik Chak (Middle Eastern)
- Cupcake City (gourmet cupcakes)
- Gogi on the Block (“Korean Fusion Food Truck — run by an actual Korean dude”)
- Jamaica Me Hungry (Jamaican)
- Munch Mobile (elevated street food)
- Quebrada* (gourmet baked goods)
- Roving Lunch Box (Savory & Sweet Hand Pies)
- Sheherezad (Iraqi and Middle Eastern cuisine)
- Walden Meat Co.* (local, sustainable and humanely raised 100% grass-fed beef burgers)
- Walloon’s Fried Chicken (Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwiches and Hand-Cut Fries)
* Indicates mobile food vending debut in Boston <
2016 Greenway Mobile Eats: Tips and Information
- 24 trucks and trikes are returning to the Greenway for another season of Mobile Eats: Bacon Truck, Baja Taco Truck, Bon Me, Chicken and Rice Guys, Chubby Chickpea, Clover Food Lab, The Cookie Monstah, The Dining Car, Frozen Hoagies, Mei Mei Street Kitchen, Momogoose, Moyzilla, North East of the Border, Pennypacker’s, Posto, Roxy’s Grilled Cheese, Sabroso, Stoked Pizza, Taco Party, Tea Station, Tenoch, Third Cliff Bakery, Zinneken’s and Zo on the Go.
- The primary locations for weekday food vending are Dewey Square Park plaza, Dewey Square Park @ Congress St, and Rowes Wharf Plaza @ High Street. Vendors can also be found in Chinatown Park; the Rings Fountain; The Greenway Carousel at The Tiffany & Co. Foundation Grove; and the North End Parks @ Hanover Street.
- The daily schedule and specific locations of participating vendors can be found on the Conservancy’s website,RoseKennedyGreenway.
- On Saturdays and the 1st and 3rd Sunday’s from May 7 through mid-October, selected Mobile Eats vendors can be found at the Greenway Open Market located between State and India Streets.
- Patrons are invited to “Like” Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway on Facebook and follow @HelloGreenway on Twitter for the latest updates and reminders about where the food trucks will be on any given day.
A vendor’s inclusion in the Greenway Mobile Eats program is subject is successful permitting and contract completion. This year’s line-up of 34 vendors was selected from a total of 55 submitted proposals. The Conservancy, working with the City of Boston and Greenway neighbors, may add vendors during the season as opportunities present themselves.