The following crime reports are from the North End Public Safety Meeting with Area A-1 Boston Police, held on October 1, 2015 at the Nazzaro Center.
Overall Crime Statistics
– City-Wide crime is down 11% year-to-date
– Crime in District A-1 is down 21% year-to-date
1 Breaking & Entering
– September 28th at 14 Unity Street Apt. #5, between 8am-5pm, the front door was forced open, broken door lock, missing items include an Apple MacBook and pearls.
1 Auto Theft
– September 16th: 2011 Honda CRV was stolen from Clark Street.
Larcenies (10) & Larcenies from Motor Vehicle (4)
– Several package thefts
– Suspect believed to responsible for at least 1 package theft (and possibly at least 1 larceny from Motor Vehicle) has been identified; complaints are being sought and suspect will be charged (at least for now) with one package theft.
– September 20th: larceny outside of 28 Prince Street (Secure): 12 dresses on sidewalk rack were stolen; detectives are working on attaining video from the front / sidewalk-facing video camera affixed to said address / building.
Update on 77 Endicott St. incident involving suspect who had accidentally shot himself in the foot / drugs-related case
– 4 suspects have been identified and arrested (including the suspect who shot himself)
– 1 other suspect is being sought
– Suspects are from Somerville
The next public safety meeting will be held at 6:00pm on November 5th at the Nazzaro Community Center (30 North Bennet Street, Boston). All are welcome to attend!