North End / Waterfront Residents’ Association (NEWRA) held its monthly meeting on Thursday, February 12, 2015. There were several announcements and committee reports on various issues. A timeline summary follows below.
- (00:00 in video) President’s Report – Ford Cavallari
- (02:45) Meeting protocol
- (05:20) Restaurant naming issue
- (11:20) Membership Committee Report – Mary McGee
- (12:00) Parks Committee Report – Robyn Reed & David Kubiak
- Needs assessment for Prado improvements
- Parks Department Budget
- Cutillo Park on Morton Street on next Parks Meeting agenda, March 3rd, 7pm (Mariner’s House)
- Greenway Boxwood Beds Public Meeting on February 25th, 6:30pm at Nazzaro Center
- (17:25) Zoning & Licensing Committee Report – Victor Brogna
- (21:00) 319 Hanover Street, formerly Pomodoro. The owner has proposed the name, “Scopa.” NEWRA executives expressed concerns the name may be offensive and are looking for a change.
- (22:50) 20 Unity Court – renovation and addition project
- (23:30) In the last 12 months, the ZLC Committee has written 24 letters of which 8 were in support, 6 no objections, 4 in opposition, 2 split votes and 4 informational letters.
- (24:15) Zoning variances update (see previous post)
- (26:35) Bring Your Own Booze (BYOB) proposal at Boston City Council
- (27:37) Parcel 9 – Haymarket Hotel height and massing found too high by Mass. Historical Commission. The developers are expected to re-file a revised proposal. (see previous post)
- These issues will be further discussed at the next ZLC meeting, February 24th, 7pm at the Mariner’s House.
Please view the video above for the complete discussion at NEWRA.