New Year’s Eve on the Waterfront–an official cultural partner of First Night Boston–unites a dozen indoor Family Fun Sites along an ice sculpture trail from East Boston to the Seaport. Duck inside each site for free food, music, crafts and other activities. Take a selfie with the ice sculpture, post to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #WOTWBOS, and you are entered to win a waterfront prize! Look on the First Night website for the final program schedule.
Tag your photo tweets with @NorthEndBoston and we’ll feature the best pics!
The following are New Years Eve events, all taking place on Wednesday December 31st, and are broken down by location:
North End / Waterfront / Downtown
12pm–4pm Stop by and warm up at the Maritime Museum for cookie decorating and hot cocoa!
Battery Wharf Hotel
10am–3pm Complimentary musical performances by local Boston musicians amidst the holiday décor in the three-story central winter garden. International Place
12pm–1pm Join Alex Krieger, curator of the Norman B. Leventhal Map Collection, for a rare, behindthe-scenes tour of original Boston Harbor and Massachusetts Bay maps located in the Boston Harbor Hotel lobby. Magellan Gallery, Boston Harbor Hotel
12pm–3pm First Night on the Wharf: Join us for skating on the Rotunda Rink and complimentary hot cocoa and cookies! Boston Harbor Hotel
12pm–4pm Climb on board and explore some of the coolest vessels in Boston Harbor. The Boston Harbor Pilot Association’s CHELSEA and other unique boats will be docked for public tours. All aboard!
Rowes Wharf behind the Boston Harbor Hotel
All Day “The Ice” Ice Sculpture Collection. Faneuil Hall Marketplace
2:30pm–3:30pm Historic Waterfront Tour: Join Boston By Foot to explore Boston’s great seafaring heritage on a free walking tour of the historic waterfront. Atlantic Wharf boat dock beside 290 Congress Street
5:30pm–10pm New Year’s Eve at the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille Boston Harbor Hotel, Reservations: 617-856-7744
9pm–1am New Year’s Eve at the Rowes Wharf Bar Boston Harbor Hotel, Live entertainment
7pm New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball at BOND restaurant | lounge
The Langham, Boston – 21+; $175 with dinner per person with glass of champagne; $60 minimum per person lounge only after 11pm First Seating: 5pm– 6:30pm; Second Seating: 7:30pm–10pm Toast to 2015 at Meritage Boston Harbor Hotel Reservations: 617-439-3995
11pm–12:45 am Thanks to Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh, Boston Redevelopment Authority, and Mass Bay Lines, enjoy a free harbor cruise to view New Year’s Eve fireworks on Boston Harbor.
Gate C, Rowes Wharf, behind Boston Harbor Hotel Boarding starts at 11 pm. Alcohol-free event. Limited to 300. Register Here.
12pm–4pm Create rainforest masks that you can use at the First Night Parade! “e” inc. in the Charlestown Navy Yard
10am–5pm Experience hands-on exhibits, interactive programs, and creative crafts that introduce
explorers of every age to the heroic crew that sailed USS Constitution in the War of 1812. USS Constitution Museum, East Boston
12pm–4pm Enjoy free musical performances, crafts, snacks, and a dazzling hand-carved ice sculpture display. Special thanks to East Boston Savings Bank for sponsoring this event! East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
On Wednesday, December 31st, Waterfront Boston is celebrating New Year’s Eve with a multitude of family-friendly activities for all from noon to 4:00pm. Whether you’re a parent looking to entertain tiny tots or a couple of seasoned “First Night” celebrants looking for new experiences, come to Boston’s waterfront for our unique take on the last day of the year and arrival of the new:
Visit 13 waterfront indoor sites for family activities that will keep even your littlest ones season-greetings bright. Here’s a quick selection:
- Make NYE Rainforest Masks — “e”inc. Charlestown
- Make Party Hats and Modern Art — ICA Boston Seaport
- Warm up and refresh on the Spirit of Boston cruise ship. — Spirit of Boston Cruises Seaport
- Live and Play Like A USS Constitution Sailor — USS Constitution Museum Charlestown
- Tea and Games on the Boston Tea Party Museum — Boston Tea Party Museum and Ships Fort Point Channel
- Count Down to Noon! — Children’s Museum Fort Point Channel
- Ukulele Lessons — Tango Boutique Seaport
- Decorate Holiday Cookies and Eat Them! — Battery Wharf Hotel North End
- Touch A Boat! — Boston Harbor Hotel Rowes Wharf
Ice Sculpture Strolls
Discover 11 handcarved ice sculptures across our waterfront NYE sites. All within walking distance of Boston’s City Hall plaza and public transportation our waterfront ice sculptures are gauranteed to charm you. Be sure to be on the look out for Olaf and Sven at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. They’re one of four large sculptures on display beginning Dec 30th for FHM’s “The Ice” event. Be sure to get your cameras ready – it’s selfie time! More Information
For those who are kids at heart the waterfront comes alive day & night:
- Enjoy live Musical Performances at Faneuil Hall Marketplace from local artists
- Design your own hand-held weaving in art-making activity at ICA
- Local musicians and refreshments at International Place Atrium
- Tour of Boston Harbor Historic Maps at Boston Harbor Hotel Magellan Gallery (noon – 1pm) – Boston Harbor Hotel
- Ice Skate under the Rowes Wharf Rotunda with killer views of the Harbor and the Greenway – Boston Harbor Hotel
- Tour Historic Waterfront Boston with Boston By Foot (2:30 – 3:30) beginning atAtlantic Wharf
- Toast in the New Year’s in style at the BOND masquerade ball.
- Wine and dine at Mertiage, or Rowes Wharf Grill and Bar
- View Midnight Fireworks over Boston Harbor