The very fun and very successful North End Youth Hockey Program is underway for the 2014-2015 season!!!!!
The North End Introduction Program – now in it’s 3rd year – is a 15 week program designed to teaching hockey specific skills in a fun atmosphere. The primary focus each week is on further developing and strengthening skating skills. Key objectives are proper stance, balance & agility, puck control, shooting, passing and developing important skills needed to enter into an organized hockey program.
This year, The North End Youth Hockey Program has also entered into a four team In-House League. This 20 game schedule is being played on Sunday mornings at the Charlestown Staking rink. Games are cross-ice and last for one hour (11 am to noontime). This league is for players ages 5 to 8 (some exceptions may apply). This is an optional skate for our introduction players who would like to experience some game time hockey.
It was so great to conveniently walk over to the beloved Steriti rink this past Saturday morning to see about 30 neighborhood kids, ages 5-12 out on the ice having a great time.
- My favorite parts of the program:
- It’s right here.
- It’s hockey for my guys without having to sign up for the full hockey lifestyle.
- The volunteer coaches are all amazingly kind, and hardworking – just plain great folks.
- The neighborhood support – help to pay for ice time, amazing uniforms, scheduling it so that it works with Nazzaro Basketball programming and I’m sure lots of other things that none of us see, or know about.
- Seeing kids who live together in this neighborhood, but who don’t go to school together – getting together as a team.
- The price.
All of the above make for a welcoming, convenient, inclusive and very fine program. Great job Coach Dan Toscano, and North End Hockey! Thank you!
Photos by Becca Griffin.