The 2014 Boston Gun Buyback Program asks you to turn your “Piece for Peace” and receive a $200.00 Visa® gift card. This program will take place beginning March 24, 2014 and run Monday through Friday 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at various designated drop-off sites throughout the city. If you do not wish to deliver the firearm to a designated site and would like to arrange for a private exchange, call 1-888-GUNTIPS between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. The following procedure MUST be followed in order to receive amnesty for possession of a gun, and to receive a gift certificate. If the protocol is followed, the person dropping off the firearm will not be prosecuted for unlawful possession of that specific firearm. Amnesty will not be given for any other crime committed with that firearm or for any other crime committed while in possession of that firearm.
1. Gun must be delivered unloaded.
2. Gun must be put in a clear plastic bag, and put into another container (gym bag, backpack etc.).
3. If depositing ammunition in addition to a gun, ammunition must be delivered in a separate bag.
4. If transporting the gun by car, gun must be transported in the trunk of the car.
5. After the gun is screened by officers, and determined to be a working firearm, a gift card will be given.
6. Rifles and Shotguns will be accepted,however no incentive will be issued.
Boston Gun Buy Back Locations 2014
District 1, 10 New Sudbury St.
District 15, 10 Vine St.
Beginning March 24
No Questions Asked
$200.00 Visa® Gift Card
Sgt Tom Lema
District A-1Community Service
40 New Sudbury Street
Boston, MA 02114