At the August 13, 2013 meeting of the Friends of Christopher Columbus Park (FOCCP), Tia’s on the Waterfront owner, Lori Lilly, introduced the new prospective owner of the restaurant, Cronin Restaurant Group. Cronin is the owner of Jerry Remy’s at the Seaport as well as other regional eateries and developments.
Tia’s is located at 200 Atlantic Avenue directly abutting the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel. Lori Lilly has owned Tia’s for 32 years. The transfer of ownership is expected to take place at the end of October 2013.
Currently, Tia’s closes for the season on October 15th. The new owners said they will look at extending the season at least through the holiday season. Otherwise, the manager is expected to stay the same and the new owners said hours and operations will remain “status quo.” A hearing to transfer the all-alcohol liquor license is on August 21, 2013, 10:00 am at the Boston Licensing Board, City Hall, Room 809A.
The discussion regarding Tia’s at the FOCCP meeting can be viewed at minute 17:50 in the video.
FOCCP Meeting Video Timeline
- 00:00 Welcome by FOCCP Vice-President, Ann Babbit
- 00:30 Financial Report
- 02:10 Horticulture Committee report
- 5:00 Website and Internet Communications Committee report
- 06:30 Infrastructure Committee report – IT and Trellis lighting
- 09:20 Annual Member Cruise – 89 guests enjoyed a night on the harbor (See photos)
- 10:30 Oasis Project report
- 14:00 Upcoming events
- 14:40 Monte Carlo Night update – Save the date – Saturday, November 16, 2013 at the Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel
- 17:50 Tia’s on the Waterfront – Current owner Lori Lilly and prospective owner, Cronin Restaurant Group.