Neighborhood View of the Day:
The USS Cassin Young Destroyer did a turnaround yesterday in Boston Harbor, coming out of dry dock where it has been for the past three years undergoing repairs. The ship is maintained by the National Park Service in a dock next to the USS Constitution as an example of the type of ship built, repaired and modernized at the Charlestown Navy Yard. Brendan O’Brien captures the action in the photo below.
Did you take a cool photo in the North End / Waterfront? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to have it featured here.
North End / Waterfront Events on the Calendar:
- Early birds will want to “Walk the Labyrinth” at the Armenian Heritage Park on the Greenway, 7:30 am, with the Labyrinth Guild.
- At 9:30 am, join Mayor Tom Menino at his annual (and last) Neighborhood Coffee Hour at Christopher Columbus Park at 110 Atlantic Avenue. See the flyer.
- “Baby Face” is the Wednesday night “Forbidden Film” at the North End Library, 6:00 pm, 25 Parmenter St.
- Friends of the North End Parks (FOTNEP) is scheduled to meet at the Mariner’s House, 11 North Square at 6:30 pm.
- At 7:00 pm, Fr. Rick Martignetti invites all to “Breaking Break with Jesus” at St. Leonard Parish Hall.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
New on the Blog:
- Lines Being Drawn on Greenway’s Parcel 9 Development Project at Haymarket
- 4 Baldwin Place Receives Neighborhood Council Support for Basement Zoning Relief
- Book Sale on May 18th for Friends of North End Branch Library
- Neighborhood View of the Day: Fairy Dust at Copp’s Hill Terrace [Video]
- Good Neighbor Recognition Award Presented to Clarke Hazelwood of Nazzaro Center
Did we miss an event or news? Your comments are welcome below.