The following commentary relates to a pending application by Regina Pizzeria, 11 1/2 Thacher St., to add “cordials” to its existing malt and wine license. The establishment has an existing license to close at 2:00 am, but normally operates to 11:30 pm (Sun-Thu) and 12:30 am (Fri-Sat). This application will be presented to both neighborhood groups, NEWRA on May 9th (agenda here) and NEWNC on May 13th (agenda here).
Please plan on attending the meetings for the Pizzeria Regina application for a cordial license. As a concerned abutter, I have a variety of existing issues with them. They are as follows:
- sidewalk benches located on Thacher and North Margin Street which impede normal pedestrian and handicap access (a violation of ADA);
- customer disposal of uneaten pizza crusts and the empty boxes;
- direct noise from emanating from inside;
- customer noise when exiting;
- deliveries from a multiple of trucks that oftentimes completely block Thacher and North Margin Street;
- beer delivery trucks that throw the large beer metal containers within their trailer trucks that results in noise that sounds like a bomb is going off.
NorthEndWaterfront.com welcomes commentaries on community issues via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Opinions are those solely of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of NorthEndWaterfront.com. Responses to this commentary can be posted below in the comment section.