Neighborhood View of the Day
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront
- The ABCD Center at 1 Michelango St. features an Italian film at 1:00 pm, “Pranzo di Ferragosto” (Mid-August Lunch). Light refreshments will be served. See the post.
- North End Against Drugs has their monthly meeting at the Nazzaro Center at 5:30 pm.
- Friends of Christopher Columbus Park will also hold their monthly meeting at the Mariner’s House at 6:30 pm.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- Residents Advocate for Extending Season of Steriti Skating Rink & Indoor Bocce Courts [Video]
- Walking the Trash Beat with Code Enforcement Police and Councilor LaMattina [Slideshow]
- Jigsaw Picture Puzzle: Skyline Snow Trellis at Twilight (Rotating 35 Pieces)
- April Vacation Week is Theater Week at NEMPAC!
What people are talking about
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere
Jeremy C. Fox pens an article on local speculation that Cardinal Sean P. O’Malley could be the next Pope. Read more.
Watch Artu Chef Christian Rosati compete on Hell’s Kitchen, Fox TV, on Tuesday at 8pm. The Gordon Ramsey reality show includes 10 male and 10 female chefs. Read more.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.
2 Replies to “NEWF Tuesday 3/12/13: ABCD Center Italian Film, NEAD & FOCCP Meetings, Artu Chef on Hell’s Kitchen”
Can someone please tell me what that brick building is, in the picture above? I’ve walked past it thousands of times and have no clue what its function is. Thanks
I don’t know all the history, but it is a State building previously used by the Mass. Transportation Authority (MTA) which is what the two circular placards say. Now, that is MassDOT (Mass. Department of Transportation). My guess is it had something to do with the tunnel or central artery. I’m not sure if there is access though. Maybe others will know.
Comments are closed.