Neighborhood View of the Day:
In honor of the newly elected pontiff, Pope Francis, today’s photo is from the Saint Francis Garden outside Old North Church. The building that is now the gift shop was once the Chapel of St. Francis where Italian immigrants paid homage to this patron saint of Italy. Francis of Assisi was born in 1181 and founded the Franciscan order of the Friars Minor. He is known as an admirer of nature and for abandoning wealth and prestige to serve the poor. He is also known for connecting fellow Christians and those outside the Christian faith. (More at Wikipedia.)
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
- 10:00 am – Walking Tour as part of the Planning Initiative for Downtown Waterfront and Greenway District Zoning – Meet at Christopher Columbus Park (See the post)
- 10:30 am – City Councilor At Large, Ayanna Pressley leads a special storytime at the North End Library celebrating Women’s History Month. For ages 3 to 5. Groups welcome.
- 5:30 pm – The Boston Harbor Association holds a “Tides of Change” event at 125 Summer St., 17th Floor.
- 7:00 pm – The North End / Waterfront Residents’ Association meets at the Nazzaro Center. See the agenda.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- Neighborhood Council Votes 6-2 in Favor of Zoning Relief at 78-80 Salem Street for 2nd Floor Restaurant Addition
- Free Group Training for North End Kids at Fitness Together
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
Can you believe that another major snow storm may be on the way? Check out the latest at the Northeast Storm Center.
The website ran into some problems yesterday so it might have looked sort of funky depending on what time you checked in. Most of that is fixed (and improved!) but there are still some pages I am working on. The good news is that it forced me to upgrade the theme to one that is 100% responsive. This means NorthEndWaterfront.com will look good regardless of the size of your display, either desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device/phone. Once I get everything fixed, I’ll write a post on the updates. Thanks for your patience!
Your additions and comments are welcome below.