The North End dog group, known as RUFF (Responsible Urbanites for Fido), sent out a warning to all dog owners (and parents) about two dogs having eaten loose rat poison on Greenough Lane.
There was an incident this past weekend where loose rat poison was left out in Greenough Lane. Dogs are very attracted to the poison and both consumed a fair amount. Both dogs ended up at Angell Memorial. The RUFF team went over during the park pick up on Sunday and noticed the poison in areas other than where the dogs consumed it.
I followed up w Boston Police on Sunday (who seems uninterested) and will be placing a call w/ DCR today. I am not sure where else to go with this so any suggestions are helpful. My concern at the moment is if there if the substance is still there- another dog or cat will eat it, or a child (it looks like rock candy).
Please avoid that park – the poison is bright blue.
The incident has also been reported to City Hall through Nicole Leo and the Parks Department, according to a message from NEWRA President Stephanie Hogue. NEWMA also blasted the message to neighborhood parents.