Your comments are highly encouraged on NorthEndWaterfront.com! Our goal is to allow free debate while encouraging a safe environment where readers feel comfortable participating in the conversation.
No registration or login is required. Simply enter your name and a working email address in the comment form.
We may moderate, block, delete or edit your comments at any time, without notification. This is a part-time effort, so it can take up to 24 hours for comments to appear on the site. After that, it is likely your comment did not comply with our house rules.
- As a community site, we require basic civility and respect for others.
- Those commenting under real names, first and last, receive priority and much more leeway in having their comments posted.
- Anonymous comments, including those under pseudonyms, are allowed if we feel the content is additive to the discussion. We understand that many people hesitate to use their real name for professional or personal reasons. Anonymity can even provide transparency in some cases. However, be aware that we block many anonymous comments, especially those that are intended to insult or offend. In the case of a disagreement between a real name commenter and someone else who remains anonymous, we generally favor the person using their real name and block anonymous attacks. We may also change solo first names into “Anon”.
- Personal attacks will be deleted. Attack the issue, not the person! We encourage a free-flowing, robust discussion but not harsh attacks. Focus on the substance of the issue, not the person who presented it. Please remember this is a community and in many cases, your neighbor.
- Make your case, but don’t be rude! Keep within the bounds of decency and of the law. Disagreements are fine, even if they are passionate or raucous. Just don’t cross the line.
- Definite no-no’s: Don’t swear. No hate speech, harassment, racism or bigotry. Don’t threaten or accuse others of unsubstantiated wrongdoing. Don’t make fun of how people look or talk. No religious or ethnic attacks.
- Bring your viewpoints but recognize there is often another side that may respond. We will allow opinions that some people will find offensive. This includes conversation that is simply strident in tone.
- Don’t pretend to be someone else. (We eventually figure this out.)
- Stay on topic.
- If you are quoting a source or article, please remember “fair use doctrine.” This means all direct quotes must be linked or otherwise identified and that copyrighted works should not be reproduced in their entirety if an excerpt will suffice.
- Do not post advertisements in the comment section.
- Comments submitted without valid email addresses will not be posted. Email addresses are required when submitting a comment, but are not published. Occasionally, we we may contact you for clarification on a comment but your email is never sold or added to a distribution list.
- Readers can report a comment for review they think is inappropriate to email@example.com. But, please do not ask us to mediate your disputes with other parties.
- We post the vast majority of comments that make it through our spam filters and are under no obligation to enforce these guidelines on your behalf. Moderating comments is often a judgement call and there are no guarantees that we will be consistent.
- Comments may be edited or deleted at any time without notice. If you are a repeat offender of our policy, you will be banned.
- If you don’t like the way we moderate comments, we encourage you to seek the many other websites and forums where you can express your views.
Disclaimer: NorthEndWaterfront.com takes no responsibility if you are harmed by the comments or posts of others. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 protects Internet-based services, such as this website, from being held liable for postings by third-party contributors.
These guidelines may change at any time. Contact us with questions or comments.
Last updated: December 28, 2013