Comments & Posting Policy
Your comments and forum posts are highly encouraged on NorthEndWaterfront.com! Our goal is to allow free debate while encouraging a safe environment where readers feel comfortable participating in the conversation.
Login directly to the site and post your comments at the end of any post. Need a login username and password? Register Here. The same login username and password can be used to post on the Community Forum.
- We require real names, first AND last. (But, we no longer require a Facebook login.) We may hold your posts for real name and email verification. Your name will be shown with your comment or post.
- As a community site, we require basic civility and respect for others.
- Personal attacks will not be posted. Attack the issue, not the person! We encourage a free-flowing, robust discussion but not harsh attacks. Focus on the substance of the issue, not the person who presented it. Please remember this is a community and in many cases, your neighbor.
- Definite no-no’s: Don’t swear. No hate speech, harassment, racism or bigotry. Don’t threaten or accuse others of unsubstantiated wrongdoing. Don’t make fun of how people look or talk. No religious or ethnic attacks.
- Bring your viewpoints but recognize there is often another side that may respond. We will allow opinions that some people will find offensive. This includes conversation that is simply strident in tone.
- Don’t pretend to be someone else. (We eventually figure this out.)
- If you are quoting a source or article, please remember “fair use doctrine.” This means all direct quotes must be linked or otherwise identified and that copyrighted works should not be reproduced in their entirety if an excerpt will suffice.
- Do not post advertisements in the comment section.
- Comments submitted without valid proper names and email addresses will not be posted. Email addresses are required when submitting a comment, but are not published.
- Readers can report a comment for review they think is inappropriate to email@example.com. But, please do not ask us to mediate your disputes with other parties.
- We post the vast majority of comments that make it through our spam filters and are under no obligation to enforce these guidelines on your behalf. Moderating comments is often a judgement call and there are no guarantees that we will be consistent.
- We may moderate, block, delete or edit your comments or posts at any time, without notification. If you are a repeat offender of our policy, you will be banned.
Disclaimer: NorthEndWaterfront.com takes no responsibility if you are harmed by the comments or posts of others. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 protects Internet-based services, such as this website, from being held liable for postings by third-party contributors.
Sharing Our Content
You are free to share our content for non-commercial purposes, with credit to NorthEndWaterfront.com. Unless otherwise noted, we license the content on this website under a Creative Commons, Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Please use the Contact Form for commercial requests.
More Information & Disclosures
These policies may change at any time. Contact us with questions or comments.