The May 2017 meeting of the North End / Waterfront Residents’ Association (NEWRA) covered several community reports. A summary is shown below. Use the timeline to jump to different topics of interest.
(00:00): Welcome – NEWRA President Mary McGee
- 16-18 Moon St. Construction – NEWRA is looking at and will report back
- North End Cycle Track – Condo associations submitted a letter (discussed later in meeting)
(01:55): Parks & Open Spaces – Robyn Reed
- Mulch, alligator bags, and fences have been added to the new trees on Hanover Street. Looking for more permanent protection soon.
- Clean up at Christopher Columbus Park on May 6th was very successful despite the rain.
- Greenway has new art coming May 16th – end of October
- North End fountains will be ready by memorial day on the greenway
- Next Parks & Open Spaces meeting on Tuesday, June 6th, 7 PM at the Mariners House, 11 North Square.
(03:38): RUFF – North End Dog Group
- In negotiations on getting a contractor form the city to renovate the Gassy Flights for a permanent dog park
- Next fundraiser for RUFF is on Wednesday, May 24th, 5:30 PM – 8 PM at Crudo sushi in Salem.
- More on RUFF at www.ruffboston.org
(05:00): Zoning, Licensing & Construction Committee – Victor Brogna
- Discussed at the April 25th ZLC Committee meeting, 76 Salem Street saw a transfer of Wine, Beer, and Cordials License from Urban Cantina to Limoncello 2.
- 89 Salem Street – Part of True Value to become KO North End (Voted on later in the meeting)
- Next meeting May 23rd – Nothing on the agenda as of yet.
- 57 Snow Hill Street, discussed at March 28th ZLC meeting, had its vote deferred to June so that Attorney Toscano could have more time working out some issues with the expansion.